FOR RELEASE: The Greeley History Museum, 714 8th St., continues evening hours on the second Thursday of the month. Museum at Twilight is a special event from 4-8 p.m. that offers visitors opportunities to explore the galleries and enjoy light refreshments.
The next Museum at Twilight event is happening Feb. 10. The Greeley West Future Farmers of America (FFA) will co-host the event and its members and educators will talk about their organization and its impact at 6 p.m. Following the presentation, The Friends of the Greeley Museums will host their annual meeting at 6:30 p.m. If you have considered getting more involved with the Museum, join us during the Friends meeting to learn more.
“We surveyed community members and they said that they would like to visit the museum in the evenings after work hours,” said City of Greeley Museums Manager Sarah Saxe. “Museum at Twilight offers that with some fun extras like guest speakers, snacks, behind-the-scenes tours and more.”
At each event, co-hosting organizations have an opportunity to provide presentations and information. The presentations begin at 6 p.m.
- Feb 10 | Future Farmers of America (FFA) – Celebrating our Agriculture Roots | co-hosts Greeley West FFA and the Friends of the Greeley Museums
- March 10 | Past and Present Weather Observations in Greeley | Learn more about weather observations in Weld County with museum volunteer Mike Weiland
- April 14 | Local Refugee Experiences and Resources | co-host Immigrant and Refugee Center of Northern Colorado
- May 12 | Inspiring and Engaging Young Community Members | co-host Boys & Girls Clubs of Weld County
- June 9 | Climate Change in Colorado and Beyond | co-host Colorado Climate Center
- July 14 | Calculating Before Calculators| an overview of the slide ruler with museum volunteer Courtney Willis
- 11 The New LINC Library and Innovation Center | co-host High Plains Library District
- 8 | Honoring Local Hispanic Achievements Past, Present and Future | co-host Hispanic Women of Weld County
- 13 | Empowering Students of Color and Historically Marginalized Groups | co-host Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- 10 | Fiber Arts Then and Now: a brief history and spinning demonstration with museum volunteer Laurette Hoagland
- 8 | Behind-the-Scenes Tour with Curator of Collections Katie Ross
For visitors over the age of 21, one craft beer or glass of wine is included in the cost of regular admission. Snacks and beverages are available while supplies last.
Regular Greeley Museum admission applies: $8 for adults, $6 for seniors (60+), $5 for youth (3-17) and $3 for SNAP and EBT cardholders. There is a $25 family rate that includes a maximum of two adults and four youth. Greeley Museums members receive free admission; visit greeleymuseums.com/support/membership to learn more about becoming a member.
The Friends of the Greeley Museums, Highland Park Liquors, and High Country Beverage sponsor all Museum at Twilight events.
The museum is open regular hours on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Group visits are by appointment on Wednesdays. For more information, visit greeleymuseums.com or call 970-350-9220.
For more information, media representatives should contact:
Museums Manager, Sarah Saxe